Monday, October 27, 2014

Why start blogging?

I'm not much of a writer (that title goes to my incredibly talented little sister) and I don't have much free time on my hands, so why start blogging? There are few reasons and I hope this post will help me to remember them so I don't give up.

1. Sean and I are very lucky to have our parents close by, but our extended families live in other states. My whole family is based in Rhode Islands and Sean's family is in Florida. I hope to share this with our families so they can watch the twins grow and hear about all the little things that happen.

2. Someone recently asked me what Sean and I did overnight the first few weeks at home and I drew a blank. I honestly couldn't remember how we did things and had to ask Sean about it. I'll blame sleep deprivation and hormones for that one, but I don't want it to happen again. I want this blog to serve as a record that I can look back on when the babies are older.

3. I'm making this blog public in hopes that other new twin moms will see it. I found a few blogs by mothers of multiples when I was pregnant and just reading about their lives and seeing their nurseries got me excited about my little ones arriving. I hope that other twin moms or twin moms-to-be will stumble on this blog and maybe I can be helpful to them in some way.

So here's to hoping that I stick with my new endeavor!

No comments:

Post a Comment